Tips for Choosing Your Wedding Transportation
Everyone wants to arrive in style on their wedding day, but everyone has a different idea of style. Some have a dream of a romantic horse and carriage ride to the church, while others could think of nothing better than arriving at the church on the back of a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
From a horse-drawn carriage to a taxi, from a limo to a classic car, today’s’ wedding transport can get you to the church on time in whatever style that you want.
Wedding hire transport is not a necessity, but it is an affordable luxury that takes some of the worry over getting everyone everywhere on time.
Whatever transport that you decide to use, you must do your homework to make sure that you are 100% confident that you are getting what you asked for. To achieve this you want to be sure to deal with an established and reputable company. You should inquire not only about the price when comparing various services.
Here are some tips for choosing your wedding transport:
- Get word of mouth recommendations from people that you know who have used a service before.
- Have a personal meeting with the owner/manager of the company.
- Ask if company is fully insured.
- How many cars and what type of cars do we need to transport us and our party to the wedding?
- Can we select the exact vehicles that will be used?
- How are the rates structured? Is there a minimum number of hours that we must book?
- What types of services are included in these rates?
- How will the driver be dressed?
- What deposit is required, and when is the balance due?
- Do you take credit cards?
Make sure to book early this way you are certain to get the wedding transport you want. Before you pay a deposit inspect the cars inside and out. Ask if the hire cost includes ribbons, and other decorations. Also sit in the back of the car and check to see that there is enough room for you in your wedding dress especially if you are going to wear a very full wedding gown.
Expect to sign a contract for the hire car service making sure that it includes the following:
- The date, time and place of service.
- The number of people to be transported.
- The number and the type of cars used, including the car identification numbers of the ones you have selected.
- The liability, for both you and the company, for accidents and damages.
- The hourly rate of each car, and the total number of hours contracted.
- Any additional fees such as taxes and tips?
- The amount of deposit paid, and the date when the balance is due.
- The cancellation policy.